Pulished on Oct. 16, 2019
Shandong Buoy&Pipe Industry Co.,Ltd. has exported 2000m DN300 UHMWPE Pipe and matched pipe floats, rubber hoses to the Singapore Client in March, 2019. Now all the goods has been installed successfully!
What is UHMWPE
· Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a new kind of engineering thermoplastics with more than 3 million viscosity-average molecular weight. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene pipe has superior performance over conventional HDPE pipe such as very high wear resistance, impact resistance, excellent resistance to internal pressure strength, resistance to environmental stress cracking, intrinsically self-lubricating, anti-adhesion, low temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance.
Attributes of UHMWPE Pipes
· Abrasion resistance – UHMWPE pipes have excellent abrasion resistance providing long life in abrasive slurry applications.
· Chemical resistance – outstanding resistance to a wide range of chemical reagents allows the use of UHMWPE systems in tailings pipelines and chemical treatment applications used in mining operations.
· Flexibility – UHMWPE pipes can be bent to a minimum of 30 times the pipe’s outside diameter for HDPE. This flexibility and resiliency allows the pipe to absorb surge pressures, vibration and stresses caused by soil movement. This makes the pipes particularly useful in submarine pipe lines, mine subsidence and earthquake prone areas.
· High flow capacity – low friction compared with materials such as fibre reinforced cement and resistance to material deposit buildup give UHMWPE pipes long lived high flow capacity.
· Lower pumping cost due to greater hydraulic capacity as compared with steel and HDPE pipes.
· Ease of installation – UHMWPE is easy to install with light weights and flanged couplings.